Día in Tucson
We planned on attending Día events in Tucson since we spent the winter there, but plans changed and we headed east sooner than expected. I’d hoped to post photos from our local Día.
Join the Pima County Public Library in its 13th annual celebration of Día! We will have a variety of programs throughout April that are sure to bring lots of Bookjoy:
• The Santa Rosa Branch will have a series of 3 programs where children will write, illustrate and “publish” their own stories to take home and enjoy.
• Children will celebrate Bookjoy at the Sam Lena-South Tucson Branch with storyteller Glenda Bonin. They will get a chance to participate in the telling of stories that are just for the fun of it.
• For the youngest children and their caregivers, Woods Memorial Branch will have a Sign and Play program where families will bring their favorite stories to share and then learn the signs that go along with them.
• If you like to read and you like to eat, the Valencia Branch library has a very exciting program planned. Children will hear some Mexican-American food stories and then watch a live tortilla making demonstration.
• Local author Marge Pellegrino will present a workshop for kids at the El Rio Branch where she will read Book Fiesta by Pat Mora, share Bookjoy, and guide the children in authoring their own books.
Thanks to our guest blogger April Gering, Librarian Supervisor at the Pima County Public Library in Tucson AZ.
Día in Tucson — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>